A.O.O.F.C
recommends
Mizar6

babydancing




Get this crazy baby off my head!

23.9.13

Tansini (Marco Tansini)


Tansini - Blues Garage - 2011 - Tanzan Music

Marco Tansini was born in Codogno, a small town in the North of Italy. He started playing the guitar at the age of 12 and two years later he signed his first contract with Ricordi. This is the beginning of an important career. Marco has collaborated with artists from all over the world becoming one of the most renowned producers and songwriters in Italy. In the 80s and 90s he has realized more then 70 albums, he took part in the producer role to festivals like Festivalbar, San Remo and Saint Vincent. Some of his tracks have been in the top charts. He founded together with the band Pooh the recording studio at Catsello di Carimate where a lot of top selling albums have been released (Laura Pausini, Eros Ramazzotti, Paul Young and many others). As a guitar player Marco has his roots in blues music but his musical phrasing is enriched by his experience in jazz and rock music. His best musical qualities are the refined touch and the constant attention to melody. He alternates sweet and emotional solutions with pure "rock and roll" blazes. His first solo album, "American places" has been released by Azzurra Music / Tanzan Music in 2002. © http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/marcotansini

Believe me, if I could give this 100 stars instead of 5, I would. Tansini, where have you been all my life? I am in love. Blues Garage has got to be one of the (if not THE) best instrumental albums out there. Every single track will transport the listener into pure heaven. His guitar sings, weeps, and rejoices like nobody's business, and the background of organ and drums is fabulous. I can't stop playing this CD and every play gets even better (how can that be??). Oh yes, hear me yell, "Saints alive! And the saint is playing!" If you love superb guitar playing, and you love blues instrumentals that will dig into your soul, this will knock your socks off. Whew, guaranteed. - ***** Saints Alive!, May 14, 2012 By & © JennyD (USA) © 1996-2013, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates http://www.amazon.com/Blues-Garage/product-reviews/B006OI52EG/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
"An enjoyable album and one that is an essential purchase for any self respecting guitar fans". - Get Ready To Rock - UK

"With this album Tansini gives us his personal interpretation of the different genres of blues, a journey of invaluable quality". - Keys and chords – NL

This guitarist from Northern Italy has released his second album chock full of interesting instrumentals, all derived from blues in some manner. His song titles are all colors and reflect various shades of the blues including rock, jazz, and beyond. The record started simply enough, but there is a nice subtle melodicism to his playing and his writing that pulled me in. I hear so much of this material, that I often treat it as background music. Yet Tansini has a certain skill to present very simple elegant music and commandeer a listener’s attention. Nicely done! © David Hintz © The Mollis - Editors of FolkWorld http://www.folkworld.de/47/e/cds6.html

If you like blues, you're sure to like the material. The reviews editor wasn't necessarily aware of this, but while I don't mind blues music, what I'm not really a fan of is instrumental albums. The odd instrumental included on an otherwise vocal album is fine. But ten songs of nothing but music? Unlikely to be my thing. Nevertheless, a review assignment is a review assignment, so I was quite prepared to give Italian guitarist Marco Tansini a chance, with this, his second album. As soon as the opening number started, I became very aware that not only was this a fully fledged blues album, it was also superbly produced and played with real skill and conviction. Fronting a four-piece band of drums, bass, Hammond and his own guitar, Marco and his album take you on a journey of well crafted, but ultimately less than memorable blues tunes. All are performed to a very high quality, but I had a problem identifying each track readily - a problem caused by the lack of a lyric or vocal and compounded by the fact that each song, with the exception of the title track, is simply named after a colour. Yes, we have 'Brown', 'Yellow' and 'Green', not forgetting 'White' and naturally 'Black'. The press release claims it is because the album is "a journey into the blues and all of it's shades", but I just found it hard to figure out where I was. For instance, the lively number with the great bass line and the little bit of rock riffing in the break became my favourite, but I had to skip back and count the tracks to figure out it was 'Orange'. That problem aside, I'm a bit confused about how to sum up the album. Is the music on it good? Undoubtedly. Did I like it? Yes, I suppose I did. Would I buy it? Probably not, because I found it was best heard while I was working - it's a brilliant background music album in my view, but I don't go out of my way to buy albums for background noise. It would be superb on the soundtrack for a film set in a bar, like the Patrick Swayze film 'Roadhouse' - but they had the Jeff Healey band instead. I can't fault Marco's work here, but I can't say I was inspired to urge others to get a copy. If you like blues, you're sure to like the material, but it's blues in the blues style, so you can already make a fair guess of what it sounds like. Whether you want ten instrumental blues songs from Marco is your call, not mine. © James Gaden © 2009 - 2013 Dragon Data Ltd. - All Rights Reserved. http://www.rocktopia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2284:marco-tansini-blues-garage&catid=910:cd-reviews&Itemid=53

A really talented guitarist who interprets the blues beautifully. This album has received mixed reviews. Some critics have labelled it good “background” music. Others have criticised the song titles. The tracks are all named after a colour, which is unusual for a blues album and has possibly confused some music critics. The music critic in the article above says that, “If you like blues, you're sure to like the material, but it's blues in the blues style, so you can already make a fair guess of what it sounds like”. I’m still trying to figure that sentence out! The album is simply an instrumental collection of eight beautifully played tracks all influenced by various blues genres. You don’t need to be a blues lover to enjoy this kind of music. Try and listen to Marco’s “"American Places" album. [All tracks @ 320 Kbps: File size = 116 Mb]

TRACKS

1 Brown 4:29
2 Cherry 4:01
3 Blues Garage 4:40
4 Orange 4:56
5 Green 4:56
6 Yellow 4:47
7 Amber 4:19
8 Purple 4:50
9 White 4:14
10 Black 6:24

All tracks composed by Marco Tansini

MUSICIANS

Marco Tansini - Guitar
Gianni Grecchi - Bass
Paolo "Apollo" Negri - Hammond Organ
Paolo Botteschi - Drums

1 comment: