A.O.O.F.C
recommends
Mizar6

babydancing




Get this crazy baby off my head!

6.3.14

Canned Heat


Canned Heat ‎- Live At Topanga Corral - 1970 - Wand

Live at Topanga Corral is a 1970 live album by Canned Heat. The album is taken from a 1968 concert at the Kaleidoscope in Hollywood, California and not at the Topanga Corral in western Los Angeles County as the title suggests. Canned Heat was under contract to Liberty Records at the time and Liberty did not want to do a live album, so manager Skip Taylor told Liberty that the album had been recorded in 1966 or 1967 (when CH were not under contract) at the Topanga Corral and sold a live tape of a Canned Heat Kaleidoscope gig recorded in July 1968 to Wand Records to avoid legal complications. The album has been released under dozens of different titles and track listings. SQ is fair to good, but gives a good idea of the late ‘70’s raw blues boogie sound of one of the greatest rock bands of all time. Has anybody heard of a remastered issue of this album? [All tracks @ 320 Kbps: File size = 103 Mb]

TRACKS / COMPOSERS

A1 Bullfrog Blues - William Harris 7:21
A2 Sweet Sixteen - Joe Josea / R.C. King 10:57
A3 I'd Rather Be The Devil - Elmore James, Robert Johnson 5:10
B1 Dust My Broom - Elmore James 5:46
B2 Wish You Would - Billy Boy Arnold 8:03
B3 When Things Go Wrong - A. Leigh aka Bob Hite 9:11

N.B: These blues tracks go back a long way and the composers listed here are not necessarily the original composers

CANNED HEAT

Henry Vestine - Lead Guitar
Alan Wilson - Slide Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals
Larry Taylor - Electric Bass
Fito De La Parra - Drums
Bob Hite - Vocals

5 comments:

A.O.O.F.C said...

LINK

P/W is aoofc

ratso said...

I see you are trying to keep warm me ol' china. Nothing better than the young Canned Heat for that. Thanks Bud! Summer has lapsed into autumn here, and I need heat like I need a homicidal android. Have a sweet day Mr Fingal.

A.O.O.F.C said...

G'day/morning ratso.Ow ya goin mate? "Homicidal Android"...Love it. Were you reading http://ladydata.deviantart.com/ ? I wish I got an autumn. Two seasons where I live. Expletive deleted freezing and absolutely expletive deleted freezing. At the moment it's colder than a Tibetan tin toilet top. LOL! TTU soon me ol' china...Paul

ratso said...

Nice alliteration there. I'll think of you as a glide sweatily through my day!

A.O.O.F.C said...

Thanks a bunch,ratso! No alliteration where I live, ratso. My country is spotless. I was caught alliterating once and was fined 8,000 Krone!LOL TTU later, old bean!...Paul