A.O.O.F.C
recommends
Mizar6

babydancing




Get this crazy baby off my head!

24.4.11

Upp



Upp - This Way - 1976 - Epic

Upp was a British keyboard based soul funk/jazz rock band, active in the 1970s and based in South London. The group consisted of Stephen Amazing aka Steve Fields (bass guitar), David Bunce (guitar), the group's founder Andy Clark (keyboards), and Jim Copley (drums). Stephen Amazing played bass at different times in bands called 'The Kinetics' and 'The Abstracts'. Andy Clark had recorded several albums with south coast blues-boomers Clark Hutchinson. The group's debut album, "Upp", was released in 1975, and produced by Jeff Beck who also played guitars on the album. Jeff also produced "This Way" (posted here), and played guitar solos on "Dance Your Troubles Away" and "Don't Want Nothing to Change." This album has been classified as jazz fusion, but fundamentally the music is a mellow blend of funky white soul. The musicianship is good, and the band's sound is reminiscent of a lightweight AWB. Listen to Be Bop Deluxe's great "Sunburst Finish" album with Andy Clark on keyboards

TRACKS

A1 Never Turn My Back On You 8:25
A2 Say Goodbye 5:00
A3 Nitto 3:50

B1 Dance Your Troubles Away 3:40
B2 I Don't Want Nothing (To Change) 3:25
B3 Groovin' Mood 3:34
B4 There's Still Hope 4:00
B5 Get To The Bottom 3:25

All tracks composed by Andy Clark, James Copley, Steve Fields

MUSICIANS

David Bunce - Guitar
Jeff Beck - Guitar solos on "Dance Your Troubles Away", & "I Don't Want Nothing (To Change)"
Stephen Amazing aka Steve Fields - Bass, Mutron Bass
Andy Clark - Fender Rhodes, Mini Moog Synthesizer, Clavinet, Lead Vocals
James Copley - Drums
Gary Coleman - Vibraphone, Percussion
Tom Scott - Sax solos
Jeanie Arnold, Christie Thompson - Background Vocals
Jimmy Getzoff - Strings, Concert Master

6 comments:

Eric said...

Hey Paul, I have the UPP stuff myself.
Is the cover posted a import version as i don't recall seeing thar artwork before?

Happy Easter to you and your bunny girl to friend.

A.O.O.F.C said...

Hi,Eric. That cover was on a Canadian CBS vinyl release.My Easter was great today...Clutch on car went kaput about 60 miles from home. That was about 6.30 p.m. I only got home half hour ago. I had no money with me, but a kind bus driver kindly dropped me near enough to where I live.I got the car towed home later. I think insurance covers it. Gonna get the bike out tomorrow...Born to be wild! Cheers, Eric! TTU soon

Eric said...

Oh jeez,"one of those days".
Been there / done that = pain in the arse.

So during your journey home did "Home At Last" resonate in the recesses of your mind :D

That's Andy Clark of Clark - Hutchinson,Be Bop Deluxe fame too.

Starting to warm up my neck of the woods, that whole April showers period is still going on.

A.O.O.F.C said...

Hi,Eric.I was thinking, "Is there gas in the car? Yes, there's gas in the car" but no fu**ing clutch! (LOL).TTU soon!

DJ Kool JB said...

link is dead

A.O.O.F.C said...

Hi,DJ Kool JB

Try

http://routeforthemonk.blog.com/2012/05/22/upp-this-way-1976/

TVM & Thanks to original uploader. Cheers!