A.O.O.F.C
recommends
Mizar6

babydancing




Get this crazy baby off my head!

28.7.11

Chuck Page



Chuck Page - Rockin It Out - 2005 - Indie Pool

Chuck Page is reckoned by many to be one of Canada's top blues rock guitarists. This album contains 9 originals and one Bo Diddley cover. In 2006, the album was nominated for 6 Canadian Juno awards, "mostly won by predictable ‘pop’ artists". [On the album liner notes, Chuck writes, "It never ceases to amaze me, thepower of music. It brings you up, moves you, and adds such wonderful colour to our lives. When I was 12 years old, my parents bought me my first acoustic guitar. Struggling with financial hardship, but intent on furthering my talent, my mother bought my first electric guitar on time payments. At the age of fourteen, I joined my first band, playing atjunior High Schools and Drop-In Centers. At sixteen, a professional band came calling, and soon I toured Ontario and played the bar circuit. Those were valuable and wonderful experiences, inspiring me to form my own band. We toured Quebec and the East Coast with good success, but, alas, as with most bands, we parted ways after four years. Back in Toronto, I decided to invest in some recording equipment and instruments and draw on my experience of recording several indie albums, which to this day receive quite a bit of airplay worldwide. Recording my own CD, playing all the instruments, singing lead and back-up and then mixing and producing it, was the most amazing and fun experience in my career so far. Listening to my CD, I hope you agree that the masters of Rock and Blues, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Johnny Winter and Eric Clapton, have tought me well. Their art made me plug into the universe, inspiring me to become the very best I can possibly be. And for those of you trying to climb the stairway to stardom: Follow your dreams. Never give up. Don't let anyone dissuade you. The rewards are there for you to reap! God bless and see you soon!"]. ["Rockin It Out" is as fine a blues rock workout as you’ll find. Not many guitarists make albums like this anymore, preferring to focus on experimenting with new sounds and technology and largely forgetting the craft that makes guitar playing such a wonderful area of music. Chuck hasn’t forgotten this, and is rightly recognised as one of Canada’s best players. Blues fans could do a lot worse than get themselves a taste of Chuck’s smooth vocals and raw leads. Outstanding blues lead guitar”. - from the artist's website.] Audio is clearer on some tracks than others, and this may be a production fault. The instrumental tracks, "Catch Me", "Tribute to J.B.", "Frogleggs", and "Tic Tac" best demonstrate Chuck's soul and blues rock guitar technique. [All tracks @ 320 Kbps: File size = 103 Mb]. It would be great to hear an "all covers" or all instrumental album from Chuck Page. Buy his "Transporting Sound" album (Available @ http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/chuckpage3), and support real music

TRACKS

1 Catch Me 3:57
2 Broken Man 4:03
3 Tribute to J.B. 3:33
4 Stoneboat 4:11
5 It,s No Fault of My Own 4:44
6 On the Run 3:44
7 Before You Accuse Me 4:04
8 Frogleggs 4:02
9 I Am 4:47
10 Tic Tac 3:47

All songs composed by Chuck Page except "Before You Accuse Me" by Bo Diddley

MUSICIANS

Chuck Page - All Lead & Rhythm Guitars, Bass, Keyboards, Harmonica, Drum Programming, Lead & Backing Vocals
Mark Thomas - Bass & Backing Vocals on "Broken Man"